There you are, dressed up and 'ready to give it your all' during your OneFit live class, but then it keeps on loading, it keeps loading, the sound doesn't seem to work or it doesn't succeed to cast it to a big screen ... what now?
Luckily most of the time it goes well, but there can be some factors that make the stream suddenly go less well. With the tips and tricks in this article, we hope that the stream problems are a thing of the past.
What does OneFit do to make sure the stream goes well?
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that it always goes smoothly, but behind the scenes, we do the following:
- We always test extensively when a studio registers if the stream works and their settings and set-up meet our requirements.
- There is always someone from OneFit who, before the stream goes live, tests if it all works and then checks with the whole stream to see if there are any problems (of course we don't assume that!). Unfortunately, it can happen that due to a technical problem the stream has problems or can't even start... We will try to solve it as soon as possible. If it doesn't work out at that moment, we may have to cancel the class. Annoying of course!
When it does happen that we have to cancel your class, you can immediately make another booking. If there is nothing more planned then we also have a number of recorded workouts for home. You can find them here.
I want to watch from a big screen, how do I do that?
If you watch the class via your app it is possible to 'cast' the stream to a TV. When you have opened the stream on your phone you will see an icon at the bottom of your screen where you turn on the streaming, you will then see the devices on which it is possible to cast your stream to
The button looks like this:
- Did you know that 30 minutes before the workout you will receive an email with a link that allows you to watch from your laptop? When you open the stream on your laptop there is also a button to view it full screen.
- Besides watching it on your laptop screen, it is also possible to watch it on your TV. If you open it in the Chrome browser you can cast that screen to your TV! How to do this can be found here
The stream's working, but it keeps loading. How do I fix this?
If the stream keeps on loading but we haven't canceled it, it could be due to your internet connection or the device or computer it is played from.
We assume that you have reloaded the image a number of times already, if not? Then refresh step 1 and see if it works. Still nothing? Check the steps below:
Check your WiFi connection
- See if your WiFi has a good connection. You can test the speed of your internet by going to this website www.speedtest.net. On the following website you will find tips on the right speeds for streaming via WIFI. For example, if there is 1 person on the WiFi, this is already possible with Mbps download speed, but with multiple person households, this will quickly increase what you need! If you don't have that fast internet then it's handy to ask your roommates if they might not want to Netflix ;-)
- You can also reboot your router/modem by unplugging it for 10 seconds and then rebooting it. Then do a speed test again, this usually improves the speed.
- Pro-tip: Do you live in a big house with a lot of concrete walls? This can also affect the connection. Move closer to the router/modem or to a place where the connection is better.
Close unnecessary tabs/programs/apps on your device
Always close any unnecessary programs or apps that are open in the background first. All this is often at the expense of stream quality. The less your computer or phone has to work in the background the better!
Another problem is that your device doesn't have enough memory to function properly. You can also check this and clean up your device if necessary.
The sound doesn't work
We test the sound and watch the Livestream backstage. If the sound doesn't work, there's a good chance that a setting is not right for you. The following tips:
- Make sure you haven't accidentally mute your sound or mute the sound of the stream itself.
- Check if there are no (wireless) headset, speakers etc. connected that are mute or that you can't hear because they are somewhere else. So disconnect all your Bluetooth devices.
- Check if the sound works via the OneFit app or on your computer, don't they both? Then contact us, so we can find out where it goes wrong
Feedback or questions?
We are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm and Saturday and Sunday between 10am and 3pm via WhatsApp on 085 - 8884826 or our contact form.